These turkey mince koftas with butternut squash fries, yoghurt mint dip and salad are a quick, easy, simple, tasty and family friendly recipe – the low fat version of a popular recipe the whole family will love!
Griddle, bake or bbq – however you cook it, you will love it! Add chilli’s to give it a kick and serve with your favourite sides.
Cheat meals never tasted so good!
- 500g 2% fat turkey mince
- 2 garlic cloves
- Pinch of ground coriander
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Splash of fish sauce
- 1 tsp biocarbonate of soda
- Pre-heat the oven to 200Â°c
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor and mix well
- Using wet hands, roll small amounts of the mixture into long ovals and slide onto a skewer
- Place on a non-stick baking tray and cook for 2 0minutes turning half way
- Serve with butternut squash fries, salad and yogurt mint dip
Butternut squash fries
- Leaving the skin on, finely slice the squash into ‘fries’
- Coat with oil or fry light
- You can add seasoning too if you wish
- Place on a baking tray and cook until soft and brown
Yogurt mint dip
- Mix dried mint/chopped fresh mint/mint sauce with Skyr/Greek yogurt to taste